Veggies can be a hard get-go for kids. So let them choose from the garden patch and they’ll end up eating everything without a scrap left. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
- 3 quarts water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Add squash and cook 1 minute longer or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Repeat with wax and green beans, cooking them separately until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle with chives; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to vegetables; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 3-4 hours or until cold. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cream-of-the-Crop Veggies in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Cream-of-the-Crop Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review