Cream of Spinach Potato Soup
"I first made this fresh-tasting soup for a school potluck on St. Patrick's Day," recounts Lois McAtee of Oceanside, California. "It was a hit, and now I make it throughout the year."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; cover and process until small pieces
- of potato remain. Return to the pan and heat through. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.