Cream of Spinach Potato Soup Recipe
"I first made this fresh-tasting soup for a school potluck on St. Patrick's Day," recounts Lois McAtee of Oceanside, California. "It was a hit, and now I make it throughout the year."
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a blender; cover and process until small pieces of potato remain. Return to the pan and heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Spinach Potato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC