"I first made this fresh-tasting soup for a school potluck on St. Patrick's Day," recounts Lois McAtee of Oceanside, California. "It was a hit, and now I make it throughout the year."
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; cover and process until small pieces of potato remain. Return to the pan and heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Potato Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p8
Reviews for Cream of Spinach Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review