Cream of Spinach Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 297 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Spinach Cheese Soup
"I absolutely loved this recipe. I was really impressed with the simplicity of it also. I added garlic powder and about 1/2 cup more chicken broth. If it had longer to cook I think minced onion and garlic would be a great addition. It is wonderful as is however!"
"I usually double this recipe to make sure that my husband and I both get a decent helping of it in our bowls."
"I've made this three times now, but I substitue the same amount of broccoli for the spinach. This is super-thick, but would taste just as good with half the cheese if you like a looser consistancy."