Cream of Spinach Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and reduced-fat cheese) equals 297 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.