- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, spinach, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCream of Spinach Cheese Soup
"I absolutely loved this recipe. I was really impressed with the simplicity of it also. I added garlic powder and about 1/2 cup more chicken broth. If it had longer to cook I think minced onion and garlic would be a great addition. It is wonderful as is however!"
"I usually double this recipe to make sure that my husband and I both get a decent helping of it in our bowls."
"I've made this three times now, but I substitue the same amount of broccoli for the spinach. This is super-thick, but would taste just as good with half the cheese if you like a looser consistancy."