Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
This soup is comfort food, especially welcome when the temperatures take a plunge. I serve this often...it's a simple supper that can be prepared in a short time. -Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 982 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC