Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 482 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 982mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Cream of Potato Soup
"I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was for being so quick and simple and not loaded down with cheese. I used 1 cup of half and half and 2 cups of 1% milk instead of the whole milk because that was what I had on hand. I also added 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon and 1 extra potato because I like to mash my potatoes a little bit to make the soup thicker. Turned out perfectly."
"Very simple yet tasty soup! Made a double batch as written but felt it it needed a bit more depth so just added a bouillon cube and it was perfect. My family loved it. Served it with optional bacon bits and shredded cheddar. Perfect with salad and homemade baguette. Will be making this again!"
"This is the best soup ever! I freeze small portions and take them out and microwave for a nice, warm, delicious lunch!"
"It is amazing, but needs additional salt and pepper. I added bacon crumbles and we were very pleased with the results."
"Perfection!! Will definitely make this again & again."
"I tried to make potato soup many times in my life & every time, was a disaster. I tried your recipe & the soup was awesome! I can't believe I made really good potato soup for the first time. Yay!"
"This soup was better than I expected, and better then the restaurants. It is great by itself, soup and salad night, or accompanying steak/pork chops. This is a keeper."
"This was easy to make and delicious. It was enough for 3 at lunchtime. Also added shredded cheddar and some croutons. I will definately make it again."
"I love that I can get varied recipes for foods some of which I enjoyed as a child, but had now way of knowing how to cook. Does anyone have a recipe for old fashioned sweet potato pone? My Grandmother fixed this when I was a child and now no one remembers all of the ingredients that go into it."