- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Potato Soup
"I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was for being so quick and simple and not loaded down with cheese. I used 1 cup of half and half and 2 cups of 1% milk instead of the whole milk because that was what I had on hand. I also added 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon and 1 extra potato because I like to mash my potatoes a little bit to make the soup thicker. Turned out perfectly."
"This is the best soup ever! I freeze small portions and take them out and microwave for a nice, warm, delicious lunch!"
"It is amazing, but needs additional salt and pepper. I added bacon crumbles and we were very pleased with the results."
"Perfection!! Will definitely make this again & again."
"This was easy to make and delicious. It was enough for 3 at lunchtime. Also added shredded cheddar and some croutons. I will definately make it again."
"I love that I can get varied recipes for foods some of which I enjoyed as a child, but had now way of knowing how to cook. Does anyone have a recipe for old fashioned sweet potato pone? My Grandmother fixed this when I was a child and now no one remembers all of the ingredients that go into it."