This soup is comfort food, especially welcome when the temperatures take a plunge. I serve this often...it's a simple supper that can be prepared in a short time. -Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Potato Soup in Reminisce November/December 2001, p49
Reviews for Cream of Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review