Cream of Peanut Soup
Recipe provided by Jif®
6 ServingsReady In Time 35 minutes
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsps. Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup milk
- Snipped chives
- Chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Cook celery and onion until onion is
- tender, but not browned. Stir in flour and cook about one minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Puree mixture in batches, in a blender, until
- smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add the peanut butter and milk, stirring to blend thoroughly. Heat
- through, but do not boil. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with snipped
- chives and chopped peanuts, if desired. Yield: 6 cups.