Cream of Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, carrots, celery, potatoes and onion; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beef, soups and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 each: 190 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Hamburger Soup
"Very good. Much like potato soup. Followed recipe exactly but omitted the chili powder since I was making it for my elderly parents. Soup provided the necessary iron for my mom w/ the beef but was creamy w/out a tomato base that she won't eat. Thx for the great recipe."
"I made it tonight but made a few substitutions, I didn't have carrots or celery so substituted frozen peas. I also used 2 cans of cream of potato. I also didn't put onion in. I only used 2 cups of milk. I like a thicker soup. I will definitely make it again making sure to have all ingredients next time. It was a huge hit!"