Cream of Hamburger Soup Recipe
This creamed soup gets some spice from chili powder. With meat, potatoes and other vegetables, it's a complete meal. Family and friends agree this soup is really tasty. - Claudette Renard, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, carrots, celery, potatoes and onion; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beef, soups and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC