- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
- 3 cups milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, carrots, celery, potatoes and onion; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beef, soups and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cream of Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"Very good. Much like potato soup. Followed recipe exactly but omitted the chili powder since I was making it for my elderly parents. Soup provided the necessary iron for my mom w/ the beef but was creamy w/out a tomato base that she won't eat. Thx for the great recipe."
"I made it tonight but made a few substitutions, I didn't have carrots or celery so substituted frozen peas. I also used 2 cans of cream of potato. I also didn't put onion in. I only used 2 cups of milk. I like a thicker soup. I will definitely make it again making sure to have all ingredients next time. It was a huge hit!"