- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional milk and parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan; stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt and curry powder. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture is hot (do not boil).
- Remove cartilage from crab if necessary. Add crab and parsley to soup; cook and stir just until crab is heated. If desired, thin soup with additional milk; garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Crab Soup
Sort By :
"STOP, HOLD THE PRESS . . . oh my goodness, this soup was the BEST. I plan on serving it at a dinner party. My 95 year old father-in-law thought it was wonderfult. My husband said "This soup is wicked!" (That means extremely good) . Praises to the person who shared with recipe. Thank you."
"AMAZING!! It was my first attempt trying crab soup and it turned out great. I added about 1/4 cup of Sherry at the end and it was perfection!"
"My man has mentioned he would love oysters in this soup, sounds great!"
"Great tasting and easy to make."
"This soup has a very good flavor. I used 6 ounce foil packets of crab instead of canned crab."