Cream of Crab Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional milk and parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan; stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt and curry powder. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture is hot (do not boil).
- Remove cartilage from crab if necessary. Add crab and parsley to soup; cook and stir just until crab is heated. If desired, thin soup with additional milk; garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Crab Soup(6)
Sort By :
AMAZING!! It was my first attempt trying crab soup and it turned out great. I added about 1/4 cup of Sherry at the end and it was perfection!
My man has mentioned he would love oysters in this soup, sounds great!
Great tasting and easy to make.
This soup has a very good flavor. I used 6 ounce foil packets of crab instead of canned crab.
I LOVE THIS!!!
I used Old Bay for the seaoning!!!