- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional milk and parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan; stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt and curry powder. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture is hot (do not boil).
- Remove cartilage from crab if necessary. Add crab and parsley to soup; cook and stir just until crab is heated. If desired, thin soup with additional milk; garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Crab Soup
"This was my first time making this soup. It was "SMACK YOUR MOMMA "good! I added a couple of things to make it my own, but awesome receipe."
"STOP, HOLD THE PRESS . . . oh my goodness, this soup was the BEST. I plan on serving it at a dinner party. My 95 year old father-in-law thought it was wonderfult. My husband said "This soup is wicked!" (That means extremely good) . Praises to the person who shared with recipe. Thank you."
"AMAZING!! It was my first attempt trying crab soup and it turned out great. I added about 1/4 cup of Sherry at the end and it was perfection!"
"My man has mentioned he would love oysters in this soup, sounds great!"
"Great tasting and easy to make."