Cream of Celery Soup
This rich celery soup whipped up by Janet James of Bluff City, Tennessee will warm up any family gathering or quiet evening at home. With just the right amount of onion flavor, it's creamy and crowd-pleasing.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook:25 min.
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3-1/3 cups water
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt
- and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into onion
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 144 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.