Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3-1/3 cups water
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 144 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1120mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Celery Soup
"I changed the amounts of onion and celery so that it tasted more like celery soup than onion soup."
"In addition to living vegetarian, I am serious about gluten free-with that said I used 1/3 cup soy flower and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream and used a vegetable bouillion cube- threw in corn, frush mushrooms, sweet peppers and brocolli- although I was heavy handed with the sea salt it still had a nice flavor and was light and versatile. Would definitely make again....."