This rich celery soup whipped up by Janet James of Bluff City, Tennessee will warm up any family gathering or quiet evening at home. With just the right amount of onion flavor, it's creamy and crowd-pleasing.
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3-1/3 cups water
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Celery Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p45
Reviews for Cream of Celery Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review