- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3-1/3 cups water
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Celery Soup
"I changed the amounts of onion and celery so that it tasted more like celery soup than onion soup."
"In addition to living vegetarian, I am serious about gluten free-with that said I used 1/3 cup soy flower and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream and used a vegetable bouillion cube- threw in corn, frush mushrooms, sweet peppers and brocolli- although I was heavy handed with the sea salt it still had a nice flavor and was light and versatile. Would definitely make again....."