Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup green onions (tops only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/4 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add cauliflower; simmer for 2 minutes. Add the milk and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in sherry if desired. Garnish with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
This recipe looked so good but I wound up being disappointed. Like Rosaliemary, the low-fat cheese didn't melt,,,,I ended up with huge soft clumps of cheese with long rubbery strings. Plus, I used skim milk because that is what we drink so the soup was almost watery.( That was my fault.) I will try a different recipe in the future and will NEVER use low-fat cheese in a soup again!
Love this soup! It is my favorite soup ever! The only problem I had run into the first time I made it was that the reduced-fat cheddar cheese didn't melt into the soup, so now I use regular cheddar and it's perfect!
Very good. A change of pace from cream of broccoli soup.
I tried it with left over mixed vegetables. Works great