Cream of Carrot Soup
"I came up with this rich yummy soup when I was in a hurry one day and we needed something hot to eat," recalls Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. It's versatile, too. You can substitute most any vegetable with excellent results."
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Cool
- for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in small batches until smooth;
- return to the pan. Stir in cream and sugar; heat through. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.