- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 carton (2-1/2 ounces) chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 40-45 minutes or until squash and potatoes are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; heat through. If desired, sprinkle servings with parsley. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Cream of Butternut Squash Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p47
Reviews for Cream of Butternut Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review