Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine water and bouillon. Add broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 329 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Broccoli Soup
"Delicious and hearty! A short-cut recipe, but if you're looking for a quick 'semi' homemade soup - this is it!"
"This was an ok soup. Next time, I will need to make just a few adjustments for it to be a great soup. My family agreed it had an "artificial" flavor that comes from using canned soup. Even though I used my own chicken stock, the canned soup over powered the delicate balance. I ended up adding grated cheddar cheese to keep everyone happy."
"Very good even my kids liked it and they are very picky"
"Delicious, easy and hearty. Everything a soup should be. I serve it with a bit of grated cheddar cheese on top. This is definitely a keeper of a recipe."
"have made this soup for years and we still love it!"
"I also have tried frozen and fresh cauliflower in place of broccoli...my family likes it even more."