Cream of Broccoli Soup
This soup is a great meal starter, but I also serve it as the main course when I'm in need of a quick nourishing lunch or dinner. Just add a green salad and a biscuit or roll.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine water and bouillon. Add broccoli and
- onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until
- broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and
- pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 329 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,077 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.