- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine water and bouillon. Add broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Broccoli Soup
"This was an ok soup. Next time, I will need to make just a few adjustments for it to be a great soup. My family agreed it had an "artificial" flavor that comes from using canned soup. Even though I used my own chicken stock, the canned soup over powered the delicate balance. I ended up adding grated cheddar cheese to keep everyone happy."
"Very good even my kids liked it and they are very picky"
"have made this soup for years and we still love it!"
"I also have tried frozen and fresh cauliflower in place of broccoli...my family likes it even more."