Cream of Basil Soup
I really enjoy creating my own recipes. This one evolved one afternoon when I had an abundance of basil in my garden. I serve it to the ladies' reading club, and everyone wanted the recipe!Aida Von Babbel, Coquitlam, British Columbia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- White pepper to taste
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan, simmer broth and basil, uncovered, for 15 minutes. In
- another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until
- smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in broth and
- sour cream (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.