"I associate asparagus with spring-time...and its beautiful green color with new life," shares Lynn Vogel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "That's why this delightful soup is the perfect started to our family's Easter dinner each year."
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the leeks in butter. Add broth, asparagus, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Add milk; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cream Of Asparagus Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p17
Reviews for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review