Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the leeks in butter. Add broth, asparagus, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Add milk; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Sort By :
"I used yukon potatoes and added 1/2 tsp. salt and fresh thyme. Salt was not needed. This was delicious! I was not sure it was going to have the flavor I was looking for, but it was better than I expected. I will be using this recipe from now on."
"This soup was very tasty and I will be making it again. Thanks Lynn for sharing this recipe!"