- 18 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep X in the top of each berry. Spread berries apart.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and almond extract. Pipe or spoon about 5 teaspoons into each berry. Chill until serving. Yield: 18 strawberries.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream-Filled Strawberries
"Very tasty, but I may try to make it a little different next time."
"I made this yesterday for a Memorial Day picnic and everyone loved it. Since so many say the pudding was too thin, I used 1/2 cup 2% milk and a 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. It was perfect. More calories, but well worth it."
"Tastes wonderful!! Had some trouble filling the berries, but I'm not a pro at that. My diet is very carb restricted and I wanted to eat more than 2 berries in one sitting so I used unsweetened flax seed milk (unsweetened almond milk would work fine too. I just didn't have any) instead of dairy milk. And I subbed the whipped topping with zero carbs by whipping up a batch of fresh whipped cream made from heavy whipping cream and Splenda before adding the extract. Would make this again!"
"Amazing and so easy! It is a crowd pleaser! I used chocolate icing!"
"I doubled it, used: 2c skim milk, 2 pkg white choc pudding, 12oz cool whip and almond. I served it with strawberries as a dip; it was a huge success!"