Cream-Filled Strawberries Recipe
- 18 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep X in the top of each berry. Spread berries apart.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and almond extract. Pipe or spoon about 5 teaspoons into each berry. Chill until serving. Yield: 18 strawberries.
One filled strawberry equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.