Cream-Filled Cupcakes Recipe
"These moist chocolate cupcakes have a fun filling and shiny chocolate frosting that make them different from any other," writes field editor Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas. "They always disappear in a flash!"
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- GANACHE FROSTING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions, using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, combine water and salt until salt is dissolved. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; beat in the salt mixture.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert round pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
- 4. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a dipping consistency.
- 5. Dip cupcake tops in ganache; chill for 20 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC