Cream-Filled Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
Repeat guests at Arlene Wengerd's home in Millersburg, Ohio phone ahead to request her cinnamony coffee cake for breakfast. You can prepare it in advance and refrigerate, or welcome company with its fresh-baked aroma.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just until combined.
- 2. Pour into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Lightly cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. In a small bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and chilled milk mixture; beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with remaining cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 506 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cream-Filled Cinnamon Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC