- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Lightly cut
- through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. In a small bowl, cream the butter,
- shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and chilled
- milk mixture; beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 10
- Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with
- remaining cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 506 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.