- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in
- egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a
- rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each;
- cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out
- clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 493 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.