Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- 3. Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 493 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins
"Have made these many times....loved and devoured by family always ! Only suggestion is to half the baking soda otherwise it's leaves a strong flavor in the muffins....they r rich n chocolaty. ....made these in smaller muffin pan too....easy n delicious :) thank u ToH"
"Moist, rich, and very delicious!!"
"My teenaged son and his friends rave over these muffins. They request it every time they have a sleepover. I also add 3T expresso powder to the dry ingredients to intensify the chocolate flavor."
"Muffins tasted much better once they cooled. I would now give them 4 stars."
"I liked the cream filling, but the vinegar gave the chocolate part a peculiar burnt taste."
"Excellent taste. Chocolatey, but not overwhelming."
"I have made it weekly for about 2 months now, I usually get one or two, my husband eats the rest!!!!!!!"
"Delicious, moist, and easy to make!"