Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins Recipe
Because of her reputation for yummy things, Mom used to sell muffins at my dad's workplace. Among my favorites were these luscious cupcake-like treats. —Libby Spicker, North Ogden, Utah
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- 3. Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 493 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC