- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually
- add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Stir
- in water and vanilla. Combine the flours, cocoa, baking powder and
- salt; add to yolk mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold a
- fourth of egg whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel
- jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar
- until stiff peaks form. Transfer half of the mixture to a small
- bowl; fold in drink mix. Unroll cake. Spread chocolate whipped cream
- widthwise over half of the cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Repeat
- with plain whipped cream on remaining half. Roll up carefully. Place
- seam side down on a serving platter.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa
- and salt. Stir in water and oil. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter
- and vanilla. Spread over cake roll. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 296 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.