- beating well after each addition. Fill paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk
- until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. (Mixture will be very thick.) Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and cooled milk mixture until smooth. Beat in
- confectioners' sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each
- cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Fill with filling;
- replace tops. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.