Cream Cheese Turtle Cups
Sometimes the best thing about a cookie is the memories made. My little girl and I love to make and eat these “turtles.” —Lesa Renner, Kingsport, TN
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let
- stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Add flour; beat
- until blended. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased
- mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Press a deep
- indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5
- minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in
- caramel topping. Fold in chopped pecans. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling
- into each cup. Drizzle with fudge topping; top with pecan halves.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered