Sometimes the best thing about a cookie is the memories made. My little girl and I love to make and eat these “turtles.” —Lesa Renner, Kingsport, TN
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Add flour; beat until blended. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in caramel topping. Fold in chopped pecans. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into each cup. Drizzle with fudge topping; top with pecan halves. Refrigerate until serving.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers and decorate as directed. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Turtle Cups in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014, p1-25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Turtle Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2013
"Easy to make and Delicious! Everyone loved this sweet bite!"