Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
I'm a chocolate lover, and this treat has satisfied my cravings many times. No one guesses the brownies are light because their chewy texture and rich chocolate taste can't be beat. My family requests them often, and I'm happy to oblige. Heidi Johnson
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Separate two eggs, putting each white in a separate bowl (discard
- yolks or save for another use); set aside. In a small bowl, beat
- butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in the whole egg, one
- egg white and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour and cocoa;
- gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Pour into a 9-in. square
- baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the second egg white. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over
- the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges pull away
- from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,