Cream Cheese-Stuffed Pea Pods
Our Test Kitchen combines sweet, crunchy pea pods with tangy cream cheese for this one-of-a-kind appetizer. The cute, little “boats” are just enough for two, but the recipe is easy to increase for guests.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- Dash salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 fresh sugar snap peas
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, salt and pepper
- flakes. With a sharp knife, split peas along the straight edge.
- Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture into each pea pod.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 31 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.