Cream Cheese-Stuffed Catfish Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels; keep warm. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cream cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, onion, celery, parsley, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and salt. Sprinkle catfish fillets with remaining lemon juice and pepper. Spread crumb mixture over each fillet; roll from one end. Wrap two strips of bacon around each fillet and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 555 calories, 43g fat (15g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Cream Cheese-Stuffed Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.