Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
A crisp topping, an oh-so-chocolaty crust and a soft cream cheese filling make these delectable bars over-the-top indulgent. This recipe comes together in not time and everyone loves it.Janet Coops, Duarte, California
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and
- salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping;
- press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- pan. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, egg and vanilla until
- blended. Pour over crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for
- 20-25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 359 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.