- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Pour over crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
"Oh, my goodness, this has been one of our favorites for many years! I use granulated sugar instead of confectioners, though. Last year I began doubling the filling. Heavenly!"
" Thanks for the warning Donna!
"These were not good at all. The "streusel" was like cake. It wasn't crumbly at all. The filling wasn't all that great either. Don't waste your good ingredients on this dud of a recipe."