Cream Cheese Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Green food coloring, decorator candies and colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in orange peel. Add food coloring if desired.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate if desired. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Spritz
Sort By :
"Flavor was good, but this dough didn't work in my Wilton cookie press. I ended up rolling it into a log and slicing them. Very disappointing"
"I had no adjustments ,used a Wliton Ultra II cookie press, on coated cookie sheets. Loved them will definetly make again. Best spritz cookies I ever made. Jean, Kulpmont, PA"
"This is the second year I made these cookies and it is my"go to" spritz batter. Batter holds up to the last cookie. If it starts spreading and losing it's sharpness just put cookie press in fridge for 5 minutes. I did use green food coloring and used the floral disc and sprinkled with red colored sugar. Looked like poinsettias! Used the Christmas tree disc and sprinkled green sugar. Very pretty and festive looking."
"I made a few changes, used almond flavouring instead of vanilla as I like that for Christmas. Also I chilled the dough for an hour or so before trying to put through the press. Not the best I've tried but taste ok."
"First batch pressed out ok but couldn't get other batches to press out. I ended up rolling in ball and pressing with fork. Taste wasn't that good."