Cream Cheese Slice-and-Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 9-in. rolls. Roll each in almonds; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Cookies can be baked 1 week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for up to 1 month.
1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.