- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 9-in. rolls. Roll each in almonds; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Slice-and-Bake Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p145
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Slice-and-Bake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review