This tender buttery sheet cake with its fudgy chocolate glaze is a real crowd-pleaser. It's always popular at potlucks and parties. It's not uncommon to see folks going back for second and even third slices.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 3 minutes (do not stir). Stir in butter and chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly. Stir frosting; spread over top of cake. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Sheet Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Sheet Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review