- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 3 minutes (do not stir). Stir in butter and chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly. Stir frosting; spread over top of cake. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Sheet Cake
"Took this cake to a party- loved by all!"
"I have made this recipe many times, and seem to have a little trouble with it and wondering if anyone can help - when I make this, the cake rises ALOT - and most times very unevenly. It has done this with my old oven and also my brand new one. It also shrinks (unevenly as well) from the sides of the pan so it's quite misshapen. A couple of times, the "dome" of the cake cracks, making me believe that it's overdone and will be dry - only to cut into it to find that it's actually not all the way done in places! Now, before you think I'm just an idiot and don't know what I'm doing - I'm following the recipe exactly. I also have many other recipes that I use frequently and never have issues with those. Any help would be appreciated!"
"I made this for Easter. It was really good. It wasn't a heavy dessert like cheese cake can be. With the cake flour it has more of a cake texture than a cheesecake texture. Will definitely make it again. Although the recipe didn't really say whether you should refrigerate it or not, I made the cake portion a day ahead, put it in the refrigerator, then frosted it the next day and put it back in the refrigerator. It was good. Someone mentioned eating it warm. It's a matter of preference."
"This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it with cake flour or with regular flour and it turns out fine. Best way to eat this is when it's still warm from the oven, yum!"
"Okay. This recipe is a little weird though. The cake is a lot like pound cake, very dense. The icing was weird though. The directions were not very clear on that part. My icing turned out really strangely, it was hardly spreadable. I would recommend just frosting it with regular chocolate icing."
"Freeze 45 minutes after frosting—best served chilled!"
""Place in freezer for 45 minutes. Cut in one inch squares and place on a serving tray. Place a frilly or plain toothpick in each piece. Serves a crowd. I liked this served chilled more than room temperature. Either way though. ""
"This is a favorite of ours. It is great for company because it makes a large pan. I have received compliments whenever I make it."
"This cake did not meet my expectations. The recipe was easy to follow however it was very plain and resembled pound cake. Im happy I gave it a try but will not be making it again."
"This is one of our families favorite!! I never take any home."