Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie
Whenever my mom and I have a "rhubarb attack", we make this pie!
Although we haven't farmed much of late, my husband and I call the old family homestead home. Our grown son's the fifth generation to live here.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whipped cream
- Sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add water;
- stir until smooth. Add rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Pour into the pie shell; bake at
- 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until
- smooth. Pour over pie. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 35 minutes
- or until set. Cool. Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with
- whipped cream and sliced almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white