Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Whenever my mom and I have a "rhubarb attack", we make this pie! Although we haven't farmed much of late, my husband and I call the old family homestead home. Our grown son's the fifth generation to live here.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whipped cream
- Sliced almonds
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add water; stir until smooth. Add rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into the pie shell; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth. Pour over pie. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC