- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whipped cream
- Sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add water; stir until smooth. Add rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into the pie shell; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth. Pour over pie. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie
Sort By :
i used my 1.5 cups sugar and 2tbls tapioca for pie filling,
easy to make and looked perfect
WOW, so good! And easy to make. My company loved it too!
This was delicious! Everyone loved it. I was told it was "too die for" and "something you'd get at a nice restaurant". It was very easy to make. It did take about 6 minutes for the sauce to thicken, but that was the only time alteration I had to make. I will definitely be making this again!
My favorite recipe for rhubarb. Just yummy!