Cream Cheese Raspberry Muffins Recipe
Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas shares these moist, cake-like muffins flavored with raspberries and walnuts. The sweet drizzle of icing makes them pretty enough to serve guests.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and egg white. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 muffin equals 200 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Raspberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC