Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 cup and set aside. To the remaining crumbs, add the baking powder, baking soda and salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract and mix well. Spread in the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon over batter. Top with raspberry jam. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 437 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake
"Made this with strawberry so good my husband asked for it again the next day"
"Awesome coffee cake. Made it for a church group and everyone wanted recipe."
"LOVE this recipe. Have made it multiple times and have never been disappointed. I too use 1/3 less fat cream cheese and it tastes wonderful."
"This is really good! Will only use a teaspoon of almond extract next time but it is really good the way it was. Used light cream cheese as that is what I had on hand. Everyone loved it so will serve it again."
"Excellent, gourmet type of coffee cake. Easy to make but very impressive."
"Delicious. I made this then froze it right away and pulled it out a few weeks later when unexpected guests arrived. The secret is using the best quality raspberry jam you can find."
"I like this recipe mostly because I adore crumb topping. See mine pictured on my page. I use parchment on the bottom of the spring form pan which works beautifully. Don't care for cooked jam so I use real raspberries or blueberries. Blueberry is my favorite. In a small heavy saucepan I boil 1 cup frozen raspberries or blueberries with sugar (to taste) and a couple Tbs of water. When it reduces and cools I spoon it over the cream cheese mixture. I also like to use a lot of icing on mine. :) It went over big at church fellowship. I like this cake above all store bought raspberry coffee cakes."
"This is an easy, great tasting recipe! My only problem was that the raspberry jam sunk in the cream cheese mixture. Any suggestions?"