Since this recipe calls for raspberry jam and not fresh raspberries, you can make this coffee cake anytime of year and bring a touch of spring to your table. It's perfect for a brunch or makes a light dessert.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 cup and set aside. To the remaining crumbs, add the baking powder, baking soda and salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract and mix well. Spread in the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon over batter. Top with raspberry jam. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in Country Extra May 1993, p49
Reviews for Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review