- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 24 pecan halves, optional
- For the filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide half of the batter among 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls over batter. Top with remaining batter. Place a pecan on each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
"I love pumpkin and cream cheese so this recipe was a "for sure try" for me. I made them for work and didn't even get one because they were gone in a flash. Definitely recommend."
"These were good when they were fresh, but not as good after sitting. Since I was taking them to a girls' weekend, I was underwhelmed."
"Made a double batch and they were gone quickly. We had family visiting... I noticed they just weren't eating them for breakfast"
"Soooo yummy! I made these exactly as stated in the recipe. They are almost like Tim Horton's pumpkin muffins."