Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, spices and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve or refrigerate, covered, within 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 196 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.