Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, spices and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve or refrigerate, covered, within 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"Blah! That is all I have to say.....never making again!"
"Made these for a church potluck and they were gone in like 5 minutes. I was asked to share the recipe.I have made traditional pumpkin bars for years for my family and now these are their favorite."
"I didn't have cardamom on hand but made these anyway, was disappointed, not much flavor, half the pan went to waste, maybe cardamom would have made a big difference."
"These were very good and I liked the change of using a little cardamom. Cardamom is a very expensive spice but it gives just the right flavor to these wonderful tasting bars."
"I've made these bars a couple of times, slightly tweaking the recipe each time, just because I can't help myself. As is it's fantastic, but I've also used mashed sweet potatoes and they're equally delicious. I've also eliminated the spices and used orange zest for a "cleaner" flavor and everyone loved that, too. Lots of options and they all taste great."