- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe! It is rich and buttery and everything a great pound cake should be! I sometimes add some flaked coconut to the batter. This is one of my favorite cake recipes."
"I have made this cake for years and it is always a hit. I use Swans Down Cake flour, omitting the need for soda and salt. Also, 2 sticks butter and 1 stick margarine and I add only the vanilla extract to batter. Place cake in cold oven, then bake 300 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Now if you really want to make this cake extra special, add 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in saucepan, bring to rolling boil, remove from heat, add 1 teas. each...vanilla, almond, lemon extract. When you remove cake from oven, poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden skewer, and immediately pour the hot sugar water over the cake. (if cake residue remains on the wooded skewer, that is ok...you don't want to overcook this cake! Cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. I bake this cake in a long loaf panby Wilton...this is a large cake and will serve about 15-20 people. Freezes well."
"I followed the recipe and its extremely good! one of my favorite pound cakes!"
"Happy mother's day to me! I used 2 9" round pans (and a 5" round so the 9's wouldn't be too full) lined with waxed paper. Baked 45-55 min. Used the 5" to taste test. Yumm!! Split the 2 9" layers and spread with lemon curd. Then mixed a can of Solo raspberry filling and 1/2 c. frozen raspberries broken into small pieces and spread between the 2 layers. Frosted with a citrus buttercream. Really fabulous but I also equally liked the plain cake with no gilding. Great recipe!"
"Great tasting pound cake I added 1 more teaspoon of vanilla it was delicious! My family really liked it with or with out the fruit."