Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pound Cake(27)
Sort By :
Cannot wait to try this recipe and share with my friends.
Fantastic pound cake! Very moist and flavorful. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Awesome recipe!!! Went over great in my house. Would recommend it to everyone
This is a great pound cake recipe! I sometimes exchange the lemon extract for strawberry for a little different taste.
This cake has subtle flavors. You can tell what's in in but none of the flavors overpowers the others. It's not super sweet. Like other pound cakes, it's heavy and very dense. I baked it according to the directions and it came out beautifully.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >